Guide to NH Trails
Hiking Safety - Tips for the Trail
- Start the hike slowly & pace yourself.
- Stop and rest as much as necessary.
- Be Prepared - Always Bring...
- Plenty of Water
- Energy Foods (Raisins, Apples, Dried Fruit)
- Warm Clothes
- Rain Gear
- First Aid Kit
- Always let some know where you are going, what time you left and what time you expect to return
- Never let children venture too far ahead or out of sight. Many of these trails afford outlook ledges that
drop off at very dangerous angles.
If you have other safety tips you'd like to add, let us know via E-Mail.
Back to NH Trails